Techma concentrates on the professional delivery of just four main areas of expertise:
Emergency Response Training
It can be said that Emergency Response is not given the same level of respect it deserves in many areas of the world. And even in the most enlightened countries, emergency response is kept out of sight and thankfully is rarely seen until there is an emergency.
Generally, the public and managers of large Petro-chemical plants, are happy in the knowledge that should an emergency occur, there are trained people available to respond at a moment’s notice.
Techma’s strength is in the knowledge and expertise of its training staff coupled to their empathy when dealing with international students, and their ability to impart the knowledge they have acquired over many years of operating at the highest level.
To ensure our clients can be sure of the standard of training they are receiving, both in terms of content and delivery expertise, Techma are accredited by the industries world-leading awarding bodies.
Techma’s catalogue can be found in “downloads” which explains the numerous courses available. However, it should be noted that Techma are able to design courses specifically to satisfy a clients need, and then have them accredited to ensure that standards are maintained.
Health and Safety Training
Whilst it is true that training, in most disciplines, can be watered-down and still appear to be effective, Health and Safety must always be treated with the highest level of importance, and cannot fall victim to budget cuts or departmental reorganization.
I have often been asked by Health and Safety Managers, why should I train my staff when they can leave as soon as they are qualified. It was Henry Ford who responded to a similar question by saying, “The only thing worse than training your employees and having them leave is not training them and having them stay.”
Techma’s highly qualified training staff deliver their training with a view to changing an organisations culture, rather than giving out certificates to course attendees. Of course, qualifications are important, but far more important is the mind-set of the workforce who think of health and safety as a natural element of all that they are required to do. Knowing that senior management and board members take the lead on health and safety adds tremendous weight to the mind set of those on the shop floor.
The training courses delivered by Techma are accredited by NEBOSH, IOSH and Highfield ABC ensuring the best possible outcome for your health and safety training requirement.
Emergency Response Management and Provision
Techma is proud to be able to offer this innovative and forward-thinking business stream to all major plant operators or any organisation that has a need for, or is required to provide, an emergency response capability.
In essence, following discussions with the client, Techma provide the full emergency response capability that is required for their specific site.
This will include:
- Provision of highly trained firefighters and officers. Personnel trained to either UK Local Authority standard (three months of intensive training) or the standard Fire Team Member course, varying between one and two weeks. Officers receive further training to include Management and Incident Command.
- Provision of equipment. Dependent upon the clients need, this can be the provision of all PPE requirements, firefighting equipment, and fire engines. It could also entail the provision of supplementary equipment such as washing machines for PPE, and products for extinguisher maintenance and recharge. In short, everything that is required for the provision of a professional fire response unit.
- Training. The personnel provided by Techma will be highly trained, but continuation training and refresher training is an essential part of the routine of emergency response personnel, and Techma accept the responsibility of making sure this is provided as part of the service agreement. Practical training ordinarily takes place daily with training sessions carefully planned and recorded. In a high-risk environment, the readiness of personnel is vital if they are to protect personnel and the environment from fire and/or other dangerous conditions.
- Management. The above is essential to any emergency response provision, but without high quality management, the whole infrastructure can collapse at worst, or at best become a disorganised shamble. Middle management is supplied in the form of the Fire Chiefs who have extensive operational and management experience, and who implement the management system demanded of Techma. The Fire Chiefs refer any complex or disciplinary issues to Head Office who have direct access to the opposite number of the client organisation.
The attraction of this type of emergency response provision, is that it relieves the client’s organisation of any worries it may have regarding emergency response and maintaining the provision to meet international best-practice standards.
The concept ensures the provision is managed by professionals who are fully aware of the procedures to put in place to ensure a safe and healthy working environment for all employees.
Techma are proud to be able to offer clients our consultancy services. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Training Needs Analysis.
- Designing, testing, and evaluating Emergency Plans.
- Business Continuity Planning.
- Design and build of emergency response training centers.
It is recommended that possible clients discuss the consultancy possibilities before deciding an any particular business stream, as the guidance available can save a considerable amount of money.